✓ Save up to € 470
✓ Raspberry Pi or C64 Mini for free
✓ Team discount
✓ Bis zu 470 € sparen
✓ Raspberry Pi oder C64 Mini gratis
✓ 12 Monate Zugang zu entwickler.de
✓ See you in 2022!
✓ Wir sehen uns 2022!
09:00 - 17:00
CI/CD started out years ago as a nice-to-have for development teams. CD adoption grew over time across teams and layers of the organization, resulting in delivery systems that often evolved in an ad-hoc way, full of workarounds, poor code, and abstractions. Today CI/CD is mission-critical if we want to keep up with the market and also fix issues quickly.
To achieve the level of reliability and performance required, a mindset change is needed. We must treat our pipeline as a product! This has a number of implications, from team design to product management and building in the necessary quality requirements.
This workshop will help you navigate this new world of reliable CI/CD! In particular, you will learn about:
- Why must we treat pipelines as a product and what does that mean in practice?
- How to build in quality in the CI/CD system to cope with growing CD adoption in your organization?
- Take with you concrete patterns for ensuring your CI/CD is resilient, performant, and scalable.
Content & Process
- How Resilient Delivery Looks Like
- Fast Feedback Loops
- CI/CD Anti-Patterns
- Treat Your Pipeline as a (Recoverable, Secure, Scalable, Measurable, Testable, Operable, Usable) Product
- Recommended Practices
- Regular deploys from zero
- API-driven toolchain
- Monitor and auto-scale CI/CD infrastructure
- Functional and smoke tests for pipeline changes
- Mimic production pipelines
- Log aggregation and event correlation
- Pipeline façades
- Treat Your Pipeline as a Value Stream
- Value stream mapping
- Flow efficiency
- Activity-driven, short and wide pipelines
Audience & Requirements
This workshop is for software developers, testers, build & release engineers, QA engineers, and anyone else interested in understanding how to release software 24×7, incorporating techniques to ensure rapid and safe delivery with reliable pipelines and a robust delivery system.
Participants will need the following:
- Laptop with at least 8 GB memory
- VirtualBox installed, see instructions to install here: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
- Vagrant installed, see instructions to install here: https://www.vagrantup.com/downloads.html
- (only if using Windows 10 or Windows 8 Pro) Disable Hyper-V, see instructions to disable here: https://www.poweronplatforms.com/enable-disable-hyper-v-windows-10-8/
- GitHub account