✓ Save up to € 380
✓ Team discount
✓ Extra specials for freelancers
✓ Bis zu 380 € sparen
✓ 12 Monate gratis Zugang auf entwickler.de
✓ See you in 2022!
✓ Wir sehen uns 2022!
09:00 - 17:00
In this workshop, you will learn how to deal effectively and faster with impediments and improve your problem-solving skills.
Impediments can be something in the way of work, be it processes, tools, organizational rules, or structures. They slow down teams or block the delivery of products or services. Agile can help to identify problems; it tends to bring problems to the surface and provides solutions to address them.
Teams will face problems in their daily work. Agile calls these problems impediments. Teams need to be able to deal with impediments as they have an impact on the flow of work, they are problems that reduce outputs and results.
– Become able to create a blameless culture where signals are spotted more easily and problems are brought up sooner
– Develop your skills for analyzing problems to get a deep understanding
– Explore ways to take action and follow up to remove problems or mitigate the impact
– Learn how to collaboratively deal with impediments in your team and organization
– Explore ways to prevent problems from happening again in the future
– Agile Team, Tech lead, Scrum master, Product Owner, Project/Line Manager, Agile and Lean Coach
Content & Process
Handling impediments is a key value for all teams and organizations to increase their agility. Regardless of the methods or frameworks used or how it’s called, problem-solving is an essential skill for all employees. The practices in this workshop will help you to get problems out of the way quickly and effectively.
In this workshop people will play the Impediment Games alongside other games and exercises developed by me. The workshop is based on my upcoming book ‘Problem? What Problem? Dealing Effectively with Impediments using Agile Thinking and Practices’
You will practice:
Recognizing signals of problems, and creating safety in teams (and beyond) for people to bring up problems
Analyzing problems, for example by using causal analysis, Cynefin, serious games, blameless post-mortems, retrospectives, swarming, or blocker analysis
Managing impediments using techniques from Lean & Kanban; decide how to solve them and who should be involved
Preventing problems using quality techniques like code walkthrough/reviews, pairing, CI/CD
Using coaching and games to improve collaboration and develop problem-solving skills